The slate is clean, the page is fresh, and the daunting task of making the most of 2014 is upon us.
The weather this week has been snowy, frigid, and not much fun. So, here are my top 5 things to do on snow days:
1. Keep on the flannel pjs, slip on some warm socks, and curl up under a blanket. Cozy clothes were designed for snowy days with negative wind chills.
2. Grab a hot mug of something sweet and warm. I’ve been starting my day with Hazelnut coffee, followed by Lipton Yellow Label Black Tea, followed by a few cups of Stash Chai tea, and rounded out with a pot of jasmine tea. It’s important to stay hydrated in the winter, too!
3. Bake comfort food. Is there anything better than a piping hot dish of goodness on a cold winter day? Chicken pot pie. Mac n’ Cheese. Bread. You can always work off the calories by shoveling, right?
4. Read a good book. Or in my case, four books, over and over. Although he has plenty to choose from, Baby Boy insists that we read his favorites, every day, multiple times. I love them, I do. But I think we need to add some new ones to the rotation.
5. Write. Well, for me, at least. I’ve been pretty productive. I’m chugging along on my newest manuscript while the wind whips the snow around. A few more weeks of weather like this and I’ll be ready for my first round of edits.