I looked at the calendar today, and realized it was May already. Where did April go? I took stock, and April was a darn busy month. Here are some of the highlights.
1. Lots and lots of technical writing and projects to keep the chemistry-side of my brain chugging along. So much awesome new stuff I’m learning (and wish I could share, but NDA’s and all that).
2. Fun writing! I’m 1/3 of my way into a new WIP. And I spent some time re-writing a project I love. I’m also filling up my idea book with enough ideas to last a few lifetimes. I wish I could plot and type faster.
3. Reading. I set a goal at the beginning of the year to read at least 1 book/week. It’s been tricky to do since my toddler likes to “help” by turning (ripping) pages and chewing on the edges. I know it’s easier to Kindle, which I do on occasion, but I still can’t get into it. I love me some paper-printed books. So far, I’m 21 books into my goal at week 19. Not too shabby. Although my list of TBR books to be acquired and my stack of TBR books on the shelf get more unruly by the day. To see what I’ve been reading this year, go here.
4. Vegas vacation! We spent a week there to celebrate my husband’s birthday. I got in some reading, writing, and eating, and not much else.
5. We have new neighbors. They finished their new place at the beginning of April, moved in Easter weekend, and have really settled in to the neighborhood. The eggs have hatched, but Mama Robin isn’t giving me the photo-op I’m looking for, so I’ll have to post more recent pictures later.